Posted in PhotoNetCast Shows on 22-02-2012 | 1 Comment
We have dedicated this episode to clear the backlog of listeners’ questions we have been accumulating.
Lot’s of useful and insightful discussion:
- We talk about Eye-Fi cards and their advantages and disadvantages;
- we try to explain the golden ratio, not an easy thing to do on and audio show;
- We discuss points of focus and problems that might arise from the “focus and re-compose” technique;
- We lift the veil on high key photography;
- Filter holders vs screw filters;
- Medium format in landscape photography
- Flash fall off
Want to send your questions to the show? photonetcast _(at)_ photonetcast.com
In the news, we mention the closing of Picnik, the photo editing engine used by Flickr – it seems that Flickr is getting a major revamping, let’s see what’s going to be new as editing tool. We’ve also discussed the new Nikon D800 and tried to foresee if the optical viewfinder is going to be around for a few years more or not.
Questions of comments? Drop them below the post.
A few links mentioned on the show
- Sony World Photography Awards shortlist announced
- Picnik is closing down
- Is the Optical viewfinder going out the door?
- Golden ratio:
- Light fall off
- Eye-Fi cards
- Large format landscape
Selected from the Web
- Dave: Why Wedding Photographers Prices are “Wack”; Sven Seebeck
- Sean: Photography heat map
- Bob: Clyde Butcher, Large Format B&W landscape photography
- Antonio: Recolored photos from the past
What a full show… and just to finish it even better…